Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6489 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
aerodyne

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
how to import in Online tool ?

Hello,

I'm using the SH3D client, and I'd like to import my drawings into the online version, how do I do this ?
in the online version, I've seen "export do SH3D" but not "import from SH3D".

thanks
[Nov 2, 2009, 9:42:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: how to import in Online tool ?

It's not possible in the current version.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 2, 2009, 2:50:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
aerodyne

Would it be planed for any next release of the online tool ?
[Nov 3, 2009, 10:14:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I have no doubt it would be useful, but I don't think I'll program this feature very soon, because offline files and online files are a little different:
online files are much smaller because they don't contain furniture data (icons and 3D models) coming from default catalog. This feature saves space on server and reduces the size of data uploaded to the server during a save operation.
offline files contains everything, so if I let users import them on server and then save them without any modification to the current program, it will take more time and more space on server.
[Nov 3, 2009, 5:54:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
aerodyne

Sure, I get the point !
In that case (just an idea), maybye it would be possible to import from SH3D with only the references of the objects instead of the objects themselves ?
Of course, in case of new object.... the problem is still there...
[Nov 4, 2009, 10:07:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Murz

It will be useful for me. I have a local file with already created object and want to import it into online storage, because I work with it on many computers and synchronize versions is too hard.
I want to upload the file and work on it online from different computers.
[Feb 4, 2010, 11:17:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jgriessen

I want to upload the file and work on it online from different computers.

This sounds good for my products so customers can use SH3D in buying decision process.

The offline SH3D file has a few parts that are not readable text -- are those just the images for surface textures?

What amount of difference is there between formats? Quick python script?

Else, I will start out with a web database SH3D version very soon.

thanks,

John
[Apr 29, 2010, 5:35:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The offline SH3D file has a few parts that are not readable text -- are those just the images for surface textures?
This can be icons, texture images or 3ds files.

What amount of difference is there between formats?
There's no difference, it's the same format: a zip file containing a Home entry created with Java serialization, which references images and 3D models displayed in the saved home.
In the case of an offline SH3D file, these images and 3D models are directly stored as additional entries in the zip file, making it completely independent of the current furniture and textures catalogs, to ensure it can be exchanged.
In the case of an online SH3D stream, the Home entry references images and 3D models as URLs when this data is available on the web server. Thus, such a stream is generally much smaller and contains more than a Home entry only if the user imported a background image, furniture or textures.
A smaller SH3D stream doesn't mean a faster file opening since all the images and 3D models files have to be downloaded afterwards, but it means a faster saving since the images and 3D models files don't have to be uploaded back to the web server. In the facts, it also means a faster file opening the second time, because Java automatically manages a cache of the downloaded images and 3D models files. smile

So, I could upload an offline SH3D file to the web server as the user saved it in on his computer, and then make it available as an online file. But if you followed my previous explanations, this way of doing will generally slow down file opening and much more file saving, because end users and web server don't have an infinite bandwidth (and ADSL provides a much smaller upload bandwidth).

To transform an offline SH3D file to an online SH3D file, you just have to replace in its Home entry the references to the entries of the SH3D file by references to their matching URLs. It's "just" some file content comparisons. Nevertheless, as a Home entry is created with Java serialization, it should be much easier to program this in Java than in Python.
[Apr 30, 2010, 12:32:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
remyw

Any update on this feature request?

I started creating an online version, I exported it and worked further on it via the offline version. There's is no option to reopen it into the online version again?
Would be nice to have such a feature...
[Aug 14, 2013, 10:29:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cactux

The online version is useless without this feature.
[Nov 18, 2013, 3:01:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved