Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2951 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Roy

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Disappearing Windows in Wall

When I try to put one window above another in a wall, both disappear, leaving only an outline of both. If the one on top is narrower than the one on the bottom, the lower one disappears only for the width of the upper.

I tried various thicknesses for walls and windows, but nothing seems to help.

Any way to get around this besides making a special window? Or wait for a fix in a future release?

Thanks for a great program!
[Oct 21, 2009, 5:36:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Roy

Re: Disappearing Windows in Wall

Oops, I see this has already been entered as a bug. Still finding my way around the site.

Sorry!
[Oct 21, 2009, 5:41:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Disappearing Windows in Wall

See this message and its joined file PorteBoiteFenetre.sh3d.

Here's the translation of the message in English:
Depending on the location of the window above the other one, you may apply the following tip:
In a new document, add a first window (or a door), a second window and eventually a separating box, and take care to put them on each other correctly (see the PorteBoiteFenetre.sh3d joined to the message).
Then export these items with the menu item 3D View > Export at OBJ format..., and import the generated OBJ file with the menu item Furniture > Import furniture..., checking Door or window option.

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 21, 2009, 6:32:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved