Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2879 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Dingenskirchen

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused current beta crashes when opening a sub-window

Maybe it's just me, but I simply don't get behind why the current Beta 2.3b23 worked perfectly fine two days ago and rendered a full 2500x2000 image - and today it keeps exiting without any comment when I try to open a sub-window like "render photograph" or even "about". Mind you, this only happens after I have loaded my project, which - again - recently worked perfectly fine for this Beta.

I just tested opening a sub-window before loading my project, and that seemed to "unlock" the windows and kept them available after the loading of the project file. Then, everything was fine and rendering worked.

It's just that opening my file is usually the very first thing I do after launching the program. Most usually, I have SH3D launched by double-clicking my project file, so nothing "happens" inside the program before the loading process.

Can you reproduce this glitch..?
[Mar 28, 2010, 11:43:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dingenskirchen

Re: current beta crashes when opening a sub-window

EDIT: I just cross-checked v2.2final (both OpenGL and DirectX), which does not show the above behaviour - so it seems to have to do with the changes in the v2.3 beta.
[Mar 28, 2010, 11:56:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Even if the version 2.3 Beta should still be able to run, it isn't available anymore.
Please replace it by the released version.
Read the history and the last blog page for more information.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 29, 2010, 7:05:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dingenskirchen

Will do. Thanks a lot for developing!
[Mar 29, 2010, 9:28:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dingenskirchen

crashes when opening a sub-window / DirectX 2.3

The 2.3 final works better, but not completely error-free. The same problem still occurs occasionally. Since the first opening of any sub-window always takes quite long (several seconds, even if it is just the "about" window) and from then on they open much quicker, I suspect some basic preparations on the first opening interfere with something else in SH3D.

I also found that one (and only one) of my projects now persistently crashes the DirectX version of v2.3final, whereas the OpenGL version works fine. The crash occurs on loading the project and seems to have to do with the textures: on loading, 2 or 3 object previews appear in the plan, then floor and wall textures are displayed in the 3D view, and before any more furniture previews are shown, SH3D exits without message.

What's particular about the project causing all the trouble:

- slanted walls (partly with textures)
- one "box" object that I use to display tiles on a part of a slanted wall protrudes beyond the wall, penetrating the invisible slanted ceiling

Everything else should be pretty generic...
[Mar 29, 2010, 1:25:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: crashes when opening a sub-window / DirectX 2.3

Dinges:

Can you share the file with us? Try www.mediafire.com if you need free hosting.
It might be interesting to have a look at it and see how it behaves on other platforms.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Mar 29, 2010, 3:18:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dingenskirchen

here we are (13MB):

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzwjtywcxjm
[Mar 30, 2010, 10:12:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Dinges, Emmanuel:

The file opens without any problem in Ubuntu 11.04 beta with SH3D 2.3.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Mar 30, 2010, 10:32:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dingenskirchen

Yes, I would have expected that. The problem seems to be restricted to the DirectX version, which is only available on Windows, right? Hmmm...
[Mar 30, 2010, 10:49:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The file opens correctly under Mac OS X and Windows XP with OpenGL.
I'll try to see if it crashes with DirectX.

By the way, nice file! wink
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 30, 2010, 7:03:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved