Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 31836 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Brad Pitt house

After the Katrina hurricane hit New Orleans (USA) Brad Pitt asked a number of architects around the world to design houses that would be able to survive the next flooding. The result? Nice, modern architecture. This is one example.

inspiration came from
http://www.makeitrightnola.org/index.php/buil...hitect/trahan_architects/

and the pdf that you can download on that page.

SH3D is primarily meant to design 3D interiors, but with a bit of extra work you can design houses with it as well. This house consists of 5 stacked building blocks. In case you are interested you can download the original SH3D file here.

The ground floor + the extra layers = the complete house
Layer 0
The first floor, front part
Layer 1a
The first floor, rear part
Layer 1b
The roof, front part
Layer 2a
The roof, rear part
Layer 2b
All files are compressed, total download of all five files is around 3 Mb.

In case anyone is interested I could write some kind of tutorial and share what I learnt during the design process.

Hans

[Note from moderator: the tutorial written by Hans is now available here]
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Puybaret at Dec 15, 2010, 7:31:16 AM]
[Jan 9, 2010, 11:56:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Brad Pitt house

I'm amazed by what you did! Very nice! biggrin

I'm quite sure that your tutorial would interest many users (at least, every one interested by workarounds to manage multiple levels and roofs in Sweet Home 3D).
For your information, the How to create personalized textures for Sweet Home 3D guide you translated last week is already viewed more than 40 times per day...
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 9, 2010, 12:57:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
vee

Hello

I've just discovered Sweet Home 3d and am finding it very useful for planning the installation of lights, wires etc etc in my new house - so first a big 'thank you' to the developer!

Hans, I see in these files that you are able to build sections of your house, save them and then import them into another file like layers. How do you do this? This looks like a very useful feature but I can't find anything in the help file.

Thanks a lot
Vee
[Feb 26, 2010, 6:29:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Vee:

Thank you for your kind words. I wrote a tutorial on how to make a building with several layers. You can download it here .

You may also want to read this thread .

Click on the word "Documentation" in the menu to see more help and tutorials.

Success!

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 26, 2010, 7:05:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
vee

Hello Hans

Ah! I was wondering if you had got around to writing the tutorial - didn't see it before. Thank you very much :-)

Vee
[Feb 27, 2010, 12:10:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sampathmalaka

Sri Lanka

Hello Hans,
Yep.you saved me. Thank you very much...though I am new to this it works fine with me. GR8 work!
Sam.
[Dec 15, 2010, 5:26:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
heru

indonesia

thanks lots Hans,
you help me very much
[Nov 10, 2011, 11:29:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved