Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 15
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17653 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
frevandonanet

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Photo creation problem

Hi,
I've just downloaded SweetHome and started to play around
with it. Everything worked fine until I tried to create
photos. I'm able to create the photos with quality 0 or
1, but when I try photos with quality 2 or 3 I get a
black figure.

I'm using ubuntu 9.04. I tried to run SweetHome in 3
different ways (with java webstart,
with the download installer and with the jar file) and
always got the same results.

Any help will be welcomed. Thanks.
Alexandre
[Oct 31, 2009, 1:37:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
frevandonanet

Re: Photo creation problem

By the way, the problem only appears when I use virtual view. With the aerial view, it works fine.
[Oct 31, 2009, 1:49:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
califdon

I'm having a similar, but more severe problem with Sweet Home 3D on WIndows XP. I cannot create a photo at all. For about 1 second, there is an activity status indicator, then a small red X in the center of the frame. I do not have a video card, just the onboard video controller.

I am very pleased with the software, but it would really be nice to be able to create photos.
[Oct 31, 2009, 6:53:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
califdon

Update: I can indeed create a 3D photo, but only at "best" quality setting (which is OK). Anything less than that, it will not work. Seems like the same problem in Ubuntu described in the original post.
[Nov 1, 2009, 12:34:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
carolaclavo

España

Hello,

I'm also newbie, just downloaded the application a few days ago and it's great to plan my next move to a new flat ;) It is a GREAT application!!

But when I want to save a photo, I can't use highest quality, it just starts and stops after rendering a few %

In my case I'm using a Mac and the latest version.

Thanks for any help :)
[Nov 6, 2009, 2:57:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
carolaclavo

España

This is what I get. It starts working but after rendering 11 little squares or portions, it gets stuck.

[URL=http://img689.imageshack.us/i/capturadepantalla200911b.png/][IMG]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1346/capturadepantalla200911b.th.png[/IMG][/URL]
[Nov 6, 2009, 2:59:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Your image

makes me think about this bug.
Miserably, it's not fixed yet. sad

Could you try to remove the objects under the green or red squares, and check if rendering still fails?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 7, 2009, 5:27:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
carolaclavo

España

Hi there!

I made a new project with no furnitures at all, just windows (only one in the photo to be created) and the rendering still failed. It fails in two fashions; one of them while working, with red or green squares displayed as before, or in the other style, showing a red 'x' like the image was missing.

Thanks!
[Nov 7, 2009, 9:46:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Please try this:
1. Launch Console program found in /Applications/Utilities folder and click on Clear display.
2. Launch Sweet Home 3D and try to create a photo.
3. Console program should display some new text that will help me a lot to guess your issue. Please select that text and copy paste it in a comment here.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 9, 2009, 7:43:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MarcSc

Just a silly question, does the partition have enough free space?
Perhaps tmp is full, or the path Sweet Home 3D is using for output is full?
[Nov 9, 2009, 9:23:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved