Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5862 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
cthomas

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Define the scale

I have imported an image with a 1/4 inch scale on paper. Now this is the step I don't understand. Can some body explain this to me?

"Define the scale of the image by moving the end points of the colored line drawn in the image, in such a way that this line matches a known length. Then type the real length of this line in the Length of the drawn line field, and click on Continue."

The other thing I don't understand is "they say don't make your import image to big". But what do they mean by 'too big?
[Oct 4, 2009, 3:46:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Define the scale

Your scale on paper isn't really interesting for the computer since the size of the image of your plan is in pixels. Please, have a close look to the video tutorial ; it should help you.

By "too big", I mean not too many pixels in your image. If your image is too big, program will run slower.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 6, 2009, 8:36:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cthomas

Your scale on paper isn't really interesting for the computer since the size of the image of your plan is in pixels. Please, have a close look to the video tutorial ; it should help you.

By "too big", I mean not too many pixels in your image. If your image is too big, program will run slower.

I tried to look at the video but it is in a language I don't under stand. Do you have one in English?

What would be a suggested number of pixels?
[Oct 6, 2009, 2:19:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry, I should have posted the link to the English version...
Here it is : http://www.sweethome3d.eu/documentation.jsp#videoTutorial
[Oct 6, 2009, 4:42:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

By the way, it's also available on YouTube. smile
[Oct 6, 2009, 4:44:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved