Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8970 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
maxfri

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problem with "Create photo function"/Internal Renderer

Hi there,

I have a problem with the internal renderer.
When i create or import a big project and start to render the renderer stops at a certain point.Im not able to finish a photo.This happens at all render settings except the fast setting.

I testet the sunflow renderer standalone where i can adjust the virtual memory.
Is there any option to change the memory for the internal renderer ???
Or is there a commandline to change the virtual memory ?

I tested the -Xmx and -Xms settings but there is no change.

The pictures looks quiet nice but the half of the pic is always black.

Hope you can help me,

Greetings
[Oct 19, 2009, 11:12:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Problem with "Create photo function"/Internal Renderer

Download the latest Jar executable file SweetHome3D-x.y.jar at http://sourceforge.net/projects/sweethome3d/files/
and run the following command if you want to allocate 1024 MB at max:

java -Xmx1024m -jar path/to/SweetHome3D-x.y.jar

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 19, 2009, 6:38:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
csfrost

I'm having the same problem. 'Create Photo' worked fine a half dozen times and now will no longer execute - hangs the app.

I've downloaded the .jar file, and it's in my SH3D holder. I presume the instruction above it to launch a CMD line and use the "java" command. The 'DOS' line command responds with "java is not recognized as an internal or external command".

Cool program. Rendering the photos is a cool feature. I'd like to use it again. What am I still doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

csfrost
[Oct 27, 2009, 3:29:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Instead of entering directly "java", you have to write the full path of "java".
It will probably be:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe

Then the command will become:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024m -jar path/to/SweetHome3D-x.y.jar

There's an other solution, create a text file named SweetHome3D.l4j.ini in the same directory as SweetHome3D.exe, and write the following text in that file:
-Xmx1024m

and relaunch Sweet Home 3D.
[Oct 27, 2009, 10:20:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
csfrost

Emmanuel -

Thanks for both your Dev skils and your support.

I am still unsuccessful with either solution.

Solution #1: Excuse my ignorance, but my Vista 64 system has not 'Java' directory, so I'm unable to point to it, per your syntax.

Solution #2: I have executed (I believe) precisely per your direction - a file called SweetHome3D.l4j.ini in the App directory, with the single command pasted into it. No results.

Which is odd, because the modeling rendered almost a dozen times successfully before it stopped. Sometimes now the little green and red 'scanners' that paint the photo simply paint black space until it freezes. I've relaunched, rebooted... still no fix.

I'm open to suggestion. Thanks again for your support.

-=sf=-
[Oct 29, 2009, 5:35:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
carolaclavo

España

Instead of entering directly "java", you have to write the full path of "java".
It will probably be:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe

Then the command will become:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024m -jar path/to/SweetHome3D-x.y.jar

There's an other solution, create a text file named SweetHome3D.l4j.ini in the same directory as SweetHome3D.exe, and write the following text in that file:
-Xmx1024m

and relaunch Sweet Home 3D.

Is there anything like this I can do on the Mac version? I'm not able to save a photo in high quality. Thank you :)
[Nov 6, 2009, 3:05:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If you open the Info.plist file in the Sweet Home 3D.app folder, you'll see that it contains the following text:

<key>VMOptions</key>
<string>-Xmx1024m</string>

meaning the Mac OS X version of Sweet Home 3D installer (and the Linux version too) already requires 1024 MB at max.

In version 2.1, I decreased max memory to 512 MB only for Windows installer and Java Web Start version, because the could not create the Java virtual machine bug was reported only for Windows.
[Nov 7, 2009, 5:40:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
carolaclavo

España

Thank you for your reply :)
[Nov 7, 2009, 9:40:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
slobadog

I am experiencing a similar problem. All was working well until I added some drawers in the kitchen. Now the best and second best photo's render an all black screen. The quick and next up work fine. I have added the file SweetHome3D.l4j.ini.

I'm using Win7 with SH3D V2.6 with Java V1.6.0_21 and my home file is 22.5Mb.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.
[Oct 31, 2010, 3:23:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
slobadog

I guess it was just too much info for the renderer. I moved the point of view forward 2 meters and it now works...
[Oct 31, 2010, 5:16:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved